I haven’t seen the new Farrelly brothers comedy starring Owen Wilson that opened recently at the theaters. From the trailers I saw on YouTube it looks pretty funny. I guess others agree because it has done pretty well at the box office so far. It was #1 on opening day with $4.6 million, and initial estimates showed it at #2 for that weekend behind Gnomeo and Juliet, but Gnomeo and Juliet was overestimated and brought down to #2, putting Hall Pass in first.
The plot has two married best friends Rick and Fred played by Owen Wilson and Jason Sudeikis respectfully, who have a have a lot in common. But when the two men begin to show signs of restlessness of their marriages at home, their wives played by Jenna Fischer and Christina Applegate take a bold approach to revitalizing their individual marriages: granting them a “hall pass” one week of freedom to do whatever they want… no questions asked. At first, it sounds like a dream come true for Rick and Fred. But it isn’t long before they discover that their expectations are out of sync with reality.
Now, the Greek girl does not approve of granting a “hall pass” in real life as it was granted in the movie to get out of a commitment like a marriage (even for one week), but I think at certain times there does need to be a “hall pass” granted to get someone out of other tricky situations. In my quest to make the world a better place, I have made another very important self-appointment and named myself Hall Pass Czar.
With all of the powers invested in me as the Hall Pass Czar I have compiled a list from the top of my Greek noggin of situations and people I would grant a hall pass to get them out of a current situation for one week, no questions asked.
- Everyone who is still getting snow – Old Man Winter it’s March. Hello. Go Away.
- The people in Japan – earth quakes and tsunami’s are not good. I have a lot of fans in Japan and my prayers are with all of them, their families and everyone else effected by these tragedies.
- Girls who have boyfriends or husbands who are drooling the closer it gets to the March Madness tournament. I honestly thought March Madness was a special 30% off sale at Kohl’s because that would truly be March Madness in my coconut.
- To Charlie Sheen. Charlie I will even grant you an extended hall pass — go take a couple of months and get clean and sober, if not for yourself for your kids. Winner.
- I would give my manager Mr. Bricks a hall pass to go buck nutty (but not all Charlie Sheen) and enjoy himself without worrying about me for one week. But after the week, his butt better be back in the salt mines working on getting me a record deal -just sayin’
- I would give the entire Kardashian clan a hall pass to normalcy.
- Justin Bieber would get a hall pass into the future and then back again so he could see what mistakes not to make like so many who have gone before him. I’m pulling for you Bieber.
- I would give Mark Zuckerberg and the entire Facebook design team a hall pass just so they would go on vacation and quit changing things around, if even just for one week. Total muckery.
Maybe I will give myself a hall pass and go see the movie Hall Pass this weekend. It’s been a long week and I think it’s time for some me time.
With you on Japan. It is horrible. Going to be so much ugliness.
i cant even imagine the devastation in Japan (charlie too) 🙂
i really want to see this film. can i get a hall pass to escape the bieber fever entirely? the little guy really bothers me!!
absolutely — a bieber free hall pass headed your way.
I heard that movie sucked!