The top-10 reasons to choose a pet dog over a pet elephant
1. 5 lbs. of kibble is much cheaper to buy than 200 lbs. of peanuts
2. If you get upset at a dog for something like say them peeing all over the couch and accidentally yell at them they will love you no matter what. Elephants never forget and will hold the grudge forever – They must be Greek, just sayin’
3. A dog can sit in the back seat of the car without blocking the entire back window
4. What would the neighbors think? If you have a dog you could complain all day long about them having a pet Giraffe. But if you had a pet elephant you’d have to keep your pie hole shut.
5. You don’t need flood insurance with dogs when they have an accident inside the house
6. When you teach a dog to roll over you don’t have to worry about them taking out 1/2 of the living room furniture
7. Elephants won’t fit in the shower when you need to give them a bath like a dog – how’s that for a visual for your noggin?
8. Everyone notices when you have a pet dog. No one notices when there is a 3,000 pound elephant in the room.
9. You can’t put on your sneakers and go running with an elephant
10. 5 lbs. of doggie kibble poop vs 200 lbs of elephant peanut poop – See, I’m greek not stupid
I do have plans to go see the movie Water For Elephants the minute it comes out! I am excited it looks like a great movie.
Having a pet elephant is a great talking point though, already you’re deemed exotic and interesting, as long as you don’t mention the poop issue 😛
Agreed, but one must think about the ramifications of feeding a pet 200 lbs of peanuts a day.
Ridiculously cute dog pic!
I agree — it was too cute not to create a blog around.
I love that pic! 🙂
Me too! Thanks Vixter.
Awesome post 🙂
You convinced me Ava, not to get a pet elephant and just in time too. Was gonna go look for an pet elephant this weekend 🙂 But that’s all history now. . .
Wheew….that’s great Angel – tragedy averted just in the nick of time.
I just saw the commercial for this movie. It doesn’t look like a movie I would see in the theater, but April might want to see. I’d be willing to watch it comfortably at home on DVD!
I wanted to thank you in advance for the guest post tomorrow.
My pleasure on doing your guest blog. I hope it goes well for your site.
I am still not convinced.
Many places won’t let you have your dog with you, but they don’t say you can’t have elephants.
That is a great point. When you try and rent a place with a pet elephant, let me know how it goes. I just might have to wrote a song about that!
Love it! (1) That dog looks exactly like my cute dog Jonah, (2) Those reasons are amazing and hilarious. haha 😀